"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Prayer Walk

One of our new routines this year is a daily morning prayer walk. I love it and I think the boys do too!


We head out the door by 8:20 for our walk. I know my public school friends get out the door much earlier, but this is the best we can do. :) It allows time for me to run, shower, feed them a big breakfast, have Bible time and for the boys to do their morning kitchen jobs. 
Our walk usually lasts about 10 minutes. 


It has helped with our transition to school work a bunch! If I let them get involved playing 
after breakfast, it is a struggle to pull away from their imaginary play. This way, they eat, 
clean up, brush teeth and pop on their shoes. I hustle to finish up the breakfast cleaning and 
am ready to zip out the door when they are. (Usually with a wet head and flip flops!)
It's a hustle on my part, but worth it. :)


While we are out walking, we talk about what we'll be praying about that day. 
We have a different topic for each day of the week. Then, we each take turns praying aloud. 
As you can see from the pictures... there are interruptions to our prayer times. But I keep on 
praying aloud while they skip, wiggle, or collect worms. This past couple weeks the worms were excessive so we decided to bring a jar and collect the worms to dump in our garden. Completely grossed me out and I refused to hold their wormy hands, but they loved it! 
So we prayed that the worms would help the vegetables grow. 
Truthfully, sometimes I think the prayer walk is more for me then them. It calms me and 
prepares me for our day. I am confident they are soaking it in in the midst of the wiggles. 
I love that they get morning fresh air and extra exercise.  
Didn't want to make this photo full size. :)  Our collection! gross!


And remember how they like to dress precisely how the thermometer suggests? Well, this week they were quick to pull out their winter garb but by the time we got out the door the temperature had gone up by 15 degrees. They were a little toasty!

I am sure I will have to think about ways to change this up so they don't get bored, 
but for now it's working and I like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment