"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Richer

It has been quite humbling over the past couple months to realize how often God directs me to scripture that is amazingly applicable to whatever situation I am facing. I don't think it is an accident or a coincidence. I firmly believe this is a gift from God. A reassurance that He cares for me and loves me. Almost like a hug sent down from heaven. Amazing that the God of the universe even cares for me!

Two and a half years ago, even though I believed in Jesus as my Savior, I was completely missing out on this gift because I wasn't in His word daily. I have to say that life is so much sweeter because of this communication. Not necessarily easier, but so much richer because He has given me ears to hear Him. He allowed circumstances that cracked my hardened heart and led me back to Him. Hard circumstances that made me remember how much I need Him.

"Come near to God and he will come near to you." (James 4:8) It's really true. As I draw near to Him, He is showing himself to me. I see it often in the many blessings He bestows on me. I'm quite certain that He was blessing me before, but now I have eyes to see the blessings and I know that it is Him who deserves the glory. Life is not easy, but it is easier because I know He wants to carry my burdens for me.

My favorite birthday gift this year from Darin is a devotional entitled "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It's different from any devotion I have read before. I don't think I can describe it well... so take a peek. Today's devotion and accompanying scripture were once again just what I needed to hear. I am struggling to trust and I so much desire His peace. Oh how it blessed my heart!


     "Trust and thankfulness will get you safely through this day. Trust protects you from      worrying and obsessing. Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining: those 'sister sins' that so easily entangle you. 
     Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me. It is a free choice that you must make thousands of times daily. The more you choose to trust Me, the easier it becomes. Thought patterns of trust become etched into your brain. Relegate troubles to the periphery of your mind, so that I can be central in your thoughts. Thus you focus on Me, entrusting your concerns into My care."

"So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7 

"But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign Lord, in You I take refuge - 
do not give me over to death." Psalm 141:8

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7  

No comments:

Post a Comment