"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Relaxation at the beach

Okay, so we all know that a beach trip with little kids isn't quite the same as a beach trip pre-kids. However, I think I actually relaxed a bit on vacation. Wohoo! My parents generously invited me and my siblings and our families to join them in Duck, North Carolina for a week. 
It was our 6th annual trip. (We missed having our Canadian family with us.) 
 Totally by coincidence, all five boys were wearing their matching shirts from 
last year the day we arrived. So fun! We let them wet their feet (ha!) before supper. 
Five giggling boys ages 8, 5, 4, 3 and 2!
 I can't put into words the oozing excitement coming from Luke. He LOVES the ocean! 
He was screaming and laughing and jumping all around. 
It was sweet that he could share his excitement with Ethan. 
I love that they're not "too cool" to wear their swim shirts. 
Makes sunscreen application just a little bit easier. 
Can't you just see his excitement?
 Enjoying a tide pool

We don't mess around when it comes to digging holes at the beach. 
We come equipped with a snow shovel. Cousin B was very hard working. :)

We had a pop up rain shower so the boys jumped in the big hole with their boogie boards for cover. Thanks Uncle Jeffrey for digging the deep hole!
The water was warm enough to enjoy several days. 

During a morning walk Luke said, "Take this picture and put it on your blog." I can guarantee you that I never said such a thing when I was 8 years old. The beach was pretty rocky and had lots of crushed shells,  but it didn't slow down the boys.
Early morning beach discovery

I was reminded this trip of how much I love these boys and what a precious gift they are to me. 
I hope they always want to give their mama some hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment