"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Equine Extravaganza

On Friday, we joined my dad for a field trip to the Equine Extravaganza across town. My dad was really eager to go and since Ethan is such a horse lover, we decided to join him. It was definitely geared towards horse enthusiasts who already ride, own horses or farms. I was a bit out of my element, but it was a great diversion after our challenging week. I was amazed by a certain 6 year olds focus and attention span!!! Unbelievable. :) 

 Learning to rope cattle with the help of Cowboy Troy. 


 The other two boys were too shy to participate, but I was glad Ethan mustered 
up enough courage after watching for a while. 
 An amazing sculpture... quick take the picture before the boys knock it down or break it. I had to drag a four year old away as he kept running around and under it. And another boy, who will remain nameless, tried to climb it!! The people on the far right were NOT happy with us. :)
 A highlight was watching Lizzy Traband. She is an amazingly composed 
14 year old equine performer, trainer, competitor and clinician. 

It was a great outing. All in all, the boys did great and we enjoyed being together. Ethan was definitely the most interested. When we got home, Luke and Aaron quickly went upstairs to play with Legos. I found Ethan sitting at his school desk coloring a horse picture for Lizzy Traband. (He wants to mail it to her!) He had figured out how to switch the radio station and was listening to old fashioned country music. I'm talking fiddles and banjos. He was completely in his zone.  I love that he is an individual. 
Thanks Poppy for bringing us with you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment