"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

8 Minute Brain Dump

I'm allowing myself 8 minutes for this blog update and starting my timer...NOW! :)

We've been busy over here enjoying this unusually warm March. I love all the exercise and fresh air the boys are getting... although I don't love the nightly bath due to some VERY dirty boys. I have some great photos to share from some of our activities and hope to get them uploaded soon. We're slowing getting caught up after having Daddy traveling huge amounts over the last few months. phew!

I've been my usual intense self and my head is spinning with thoughts of sin, repentance, forgiveness, and redemption. I've tried a couple times to put my thoughts together, but no success yet. I keep hearing sermons and podcasts that relate to those topics and I have had so many realizations and new awakenings to share and figure out. Maybe soon...

We are gearing up to help my parents move to Virginia next week and to welcome my brother and his family from western Canada too. Lots of preparations and a dirty house to clean. It will all get done, I hope! This is an exciting time.

My new realization on the parenting front is how effective it is to recite scripture when I get frustrated with behaviors and am tempted to become angry. I found myself repeating these phrases: "slow to speak, quick to listen, slow to become angry." It worked really well to keep me in check and had a very positive effect on the observing child who remarked, "I'll pray for you Mommy." Interestingly enough, the frustrating behavior was diverted!

Okay... my timer beeped. No time to edit. You get the brain dump that hasn't been cleaned up. :) Hoping to be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment