"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Exercise

Okay... so I've been told that I'm obsessed with exercise. However, I have learned that the three little boys in my charge do SO MUCH BETTER if I am intentional in providing them opportunities to get exercise. They sleep better. They are less wild inside and they are generally more happy. Just sending them outside does not guarantee they'll get exercise, unfortunately. I usually need to take them for a hike, bike ride, plan outdoor games, play tag with them or something of that nature. Otherwise, they'll just sit and dig in the dirt or sandbox. (I'm not discounting the importance of digging time... but I try to make time for both. One of the huge benefits of homeschooling.)

The other day after having running races in the back yard, Aaron remarked, "We got really good exercise today Mommy." Oh boy... I need to get a jar going to save for the counseling they'll need some day. :)

A recent trip to a nearby park. Luke on his bike and Aaron running to catch him.

Because of the terrain of the trail, I had to convince Aaron to leave his bike home. 
The gravel would be too hard with his training wheels. He was such a trooper and 
ran almost the entire way to keep up, or as seen in this picture take the lead.

We are loving these beautiful spring/summer like days in March!

Notice the little brown football in Aaron's right hand?
He MUST have a ball with him at all times. :)

See the orange and blue/red in the distance? That's Luke and Ethan up ahead on their bikes. Aaron and I ran like crazy to catch up. Thankfully I could see them in their bright colors. 

I love these three little guys! (maybe not so little any more??) 
And yes, keeping the helmet on while climbing 
on the tall structures helps this momma breathe a little easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment