"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Backyard Olympic Games

We celebrated our birthday boys with a little backyard olympic games on Monday. 
The boys were very eager to help me decorate. 
I would have loved to invite more friends and their kids, but we kept our numbers at ten and let the boys choose who they wanted to invite. It was just the right number of kids. A very sweet bunch!
 Getting ready to process for the opening ceremonies. 
 Birthday Olympians wearing their new olympic shirts. 
Super easy to make with a circular stamp and fabric paint.
The pledge and National Anthem.
 The torch relay race
 The standing long jump
We also had soccer relays, discus throw, shot put, and an obstacle course.
We were a sweaty and happy bunch!


 Homemade pizza, veggies and fruit! yum! So thankful that my mom could be here to 
assemble and bake the pizza for us while we were outside competing.
 I have to say... the cakes were a bit lame this year. 
And the funny thing is that the boys DON'T EVEN LIKE CAKE! 
 They just love the surprise of how I choose to decorate it. We sadly end up throwing most of it away. Anyone want some delicious homemade cake? Come on by...
Ethan's gold medal ... lame, I know. I was grasping for easy ideas.
This yellow food coloring is radioactive! He was excited though. :)


 After the obstacle course, the tunnel became the "Olympic Caterpillar." 
 Closing ceremonies and the awarding of gold medals

The kids had a blast, but phew... I'm tired. Whose idea was it to have two kids born a day apart?? 
Oh, that's right... it was a happy little accident all in God's plan. :)
I love these boys!
* Thank you to Carla for taking pictures for me while I led the games!

1 comment:

  1. Fun party idea and the cakes are GREAT! Happy Birthday boys!

    ReplyDelete