"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School


We started school a week ago today. I have to say it was probably one of the best first weeks of school we have had. Maybe it was because my expectations were more realistic? Maybe because they are maturing? Maybe because we kept up a school schedule over the summer? Maybe a little bit of all those things. I think it was mostly because of God's graciousness and kindness that we got off to a great start. Oh... we had some bumps, but I expected them this time around. ;)

Here are some pictures from our first day. 
 Homemade cinnamon, raisin rolls without the ooey-gooey filling. 
The boys enjoyed these with sausage, fruit and oatmeal on our first day!
 My big third grader! He decided that all the boys should wear their "Smith Academy" shirts that I made last year. He filled up his back pack and was ready waiting in the kitchen for breakfast!



 I didn't make these cute signs. Found them online, but can't remember where to give credit. 


 Luke is assigned to "teach" Aaron for one of his workboxes every day. He is taking this job very seriously and Aaron is loving it. Here he is working on shapes with Aaron. Makes my heart happy!
Working on grammar.

 Handwriting review
He finished his school work and relocated to the family room to play. 

Do me a favor? Remind me of how God blessed us greatly our first week, 
when January rolls around and I'm weary. Please?! :)


2 comments:

  1. Jill, Looks like you're off to a great start! Love your re-organization of the school room and all your creative ideas to engage the boys. The cinnamon raisin rolls look delicious. My son also needs a big breakfast every morning filled with lots of protein to start his day off well. Looking forward to hearing more about this year as your proeceed and to seeing how the Map Room is turning out! Mere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you had a great first week. Can't wait to catch up in person. Love the changes in the room. We are counting down the days here.

    ReplyDelete