"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Blue Room

We're slowly chipping away at some home projects around here. And when I say "we," I should say Darin is doing the work and I'm working at being patient. ;) We are 95% done with Ethan and Aaron's room. The last 5% is up to me, but it might be a little while until I can complete it. (Trying to keep my focus on school prep... only 12 days!)

Take a look...
 The walls were previously white. I spotted this blue color at a 
friends house and thought it would look great with their quilts. I love it!
 Darin did a great job painting the blue and red stripes! It was much harder then you'd think. 
I repainted their name letters with the same blue as the stripe. 
This is their favorite corner for setting up Playmobil scenes. 
 My mom and I made the navy curtains with white stars for Ethan's nursery in our old house. 
So glad to keep using them! They are great for keeping out morning/evening light. 
I repainted the wooden star wall hanging to match the blue stripe too. 
 We have some hooks to hang to the left of the door. Trying to decide 
if it is wise to hang them or if the boys will just use them to scale the wall! ;)
Here is where my project comes in... See that empty wall? 
I'm determined to make something special to hang there. 

I bought this value pack of 12x12 canvas's. I'm planning to use
four to hang together in a square. With a little help from 
my artist dad, I have great plans. You'll have to wait and see! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment