"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Saturday, August 25, 2012

School Room 2012-2013

I wasn't planning to make any changes to our school room and then... I had some time alone. Amazing how much easier it is to think in a quiet house. ;p  Darin was gracious to take the boys out on an adventure this past weekend and I had three hours alone in the house. Hooray!!

I quickly got my tunes cranking and took everything out of the school room. I vacuumed, scrubbed floors, and scrubbed walls. Here's how it looked when I was finished. Wish I thought to take a photo while I was in process... I was just too busy cleaning and singing.

I rearranged the wall hangings a bit and added this world map and white table. The listening corner is to the left of the white table. There is a cd player on the built in bookcases.
Aaron's desk was moved to Luke's old spot. 


Here is a close up of Aaron's desk and workboxes. He needs the calendar lessons 
the most, so this is a perfect spot for him. His desk has a few first day surprises. :)

The reading corner for book basket time and all our other calendar activities. 
Ethan's desk is to the right.

A close up of Ethan's desk with first day goodies. He'll be adding the numbers to the number line each day and there is plenty of wall space to display artwork. This wall is magnetic. 

 After I finished setting up the room, I hung this old sheet from the inside so it would be a surprise until the first day of school. You'll see we still have our My Father's World time line above the windows in the far right of the picture. It was so mysterious and they were very excited and curious.

Outside the school room.

WAIT... Where is Luke's desk you ask??? 
Well, he needed a special quiet thinking zone to do his best work. 
A third grade thinking zone!

Luke was relocated to the dining room. I hung this little sign across the door to the dining room and Luke loved it! I'm so glad he thinks things like that are fun!


Here is his space in the dining room. He was excited about his 3rd Grade Work Zone! I wanted to be sure he didn't feel kicked out,  but instead separated because of the important work that 3rd graders need to do. I think it worked. He feels pretty special. You can tell by how hard he has been working. Praise the Lord!


And we're off... on another homeschool journey!!


No comments:

Post a Comment