"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fingerprints

What a weekend! I'm exhausted, but exhilarated. I can't even publicly go into all the details of our weekend, but I have to shout from the top of my lungs PRAISE BE TO GOD! How great is our God!
I spent a lot of time this weekend talking to Him and praying and He made His presence known. He leads and guides his people. His fingerprints were on many details of our weekend.

In Community Bible Study this past week, we were studying Genesis 24 and the story of Abraham's servant who was entrusted with the responsibility of finding a wife for Abraham's son Isaac. This is an awesome chapter I highly recommend reading! It's the longest chapter in the book of Genesis, so I won't type it here. I was struck by the servants devotion, prayerful obedience, and the success of his mission.

The servant prayed for direction. (Genesis 24:12-14)

The servant acted. (Genesis 24:10-11, 15-17) With much wisdom, he set out on his journey to find a wife for Isaac. He brought ten camels and many gifts. He went to a place where he would be most likely to find women.

God answered. (Genesis 24:15-16, 18-21, 24-25) Rebekah arrived. She offered him water and water to his camels. (10 camels that can hold up to 25 gallons of water each! I'm really struck by Rebekah's servant heart.) She met all of the requirements that Abraham had specified and was a direct answer to the specific prayers of the servant.

He worshipped and praised God. (Genesis 24: 26-27, 52)

And because God is a gracious God, He enabled me to follow the servants example. I prayed. We acted. God answered and I praise Him!!!

**If you want to know more details about our weekend, feel free to email me. 
I'm just not sure who is reading. NO, we were not looking for wives for our boys this weekend! :) **

No comments:

Post a Comment