"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ribbon Blanket

I wanted to share with you an easy and great tutorial for a ribbon blanket. I've done a good bit of searching around the web and this one HERE is very detailed for a beginning sewer. Good explanations and pictures! I recently made one for a boy and one for a girl.
 I love choosing the fabric and ribbons. I usually use a minky fabric and a flannel. You have to be careful NOT to iron the minky fabric (has little 3D bumps), or it loses its bumpiness as you can see above. oops!
The only thing I do differently from the tutorial, is that after pinning the ribbons to the fabric I sew them on with my sewing machine. This is BEFORE I pin the two fabrics together. I think it helps me make sure the ribbons are straight and double secures the ribbons -- something really important if a baby is going to be sucking or pulling on the ribbons.

This is a great starter project because it promises somewhat immediate results. Also a great project to set up an assembly line if you have lots of baby gifts to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment