"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wired

It's way past my bedtime and I'm getting up in a little over five hours to go running. I'm exhausted, but wired. After almost three weeks hosting my little brother Jonathan, and his family, they departed today for Canada. I am feeling sad to say goodbye, not knowing when I'll see them next... maybe in a year or two or three? It was a completely exhausting three weeks, but also a cherished three weeks. It was the longest I have spent with my brother since high school. That was twenty years ago!?! There was never a dull moment in the house while the kids were awake. Always a need(s) to be met, meal to be prepped, laundry to be folded or some parental training opportunity. ;) Jonathan and his family got to see the good, the bad and the ugly in our house. And in the midst of all that, I had the opportunity to get to know Jonathan all over again. I enjoyed realizing the similarities between us as well as the differences. I loved reminiscing about our growing up years. I appreciated seeing him serve his family and was encouraged by his no nonsense parenting. Although he's been married for almost seven years, I've only had short visits with his wife once a year in all those years because they live so far away. This time, I had the chance to get to know Sarah a little more too. Such a treat! And who could forget those two sweet girls I got to hug and play with!!

Hopefully over the next couple weeks I'll sift through my 400 photos to find the pictures that best capture my memories. I'm overflowing with thankfulness! I think it's time to schedule a trip to western Canada so we don't have to wait years before seeing them again.
Did I mention they insisted on baby sitting the kids one night so we could go out on a date? They fed and put to bed all five kids. It was awesome! Thank you Jonathan and Sarah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment