"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Where am I?

The last two and a half weeks have zipped by remarkably fast. I realized today how much I miss keeping up with this blog, but there really hasn't been a spare moment. We've been busy helping my mom and dad get settled in their new home. We've set up rooms, unpacked boxes, moved boxes, broken down boxes, scrubbed floors, fixed beds, organized closets, set up the kitchen, begun to tackle the overgrown bushes and much more. It has been a sweet time of enjoying family and working hard.

My younger brother and his family have been staying with us for two weeks and we are blessed by our time with them. You can imagine though that there has been chaos at times having 4 adults and 5 kids in a house! But, I'd rather have the chaos then not get to see them at all. Last weekend, we had the entire family together. My older brother and his family came to celebrate my parents new location. It was so good to have all the grandkids together and running around outside. We were quite a spectacle in the front yard of my parents new house -- might have scared the neighbors with all our ruckus! :) The weekend went by too quickly. I have lots of pictures that I'm looking forward to getting uploaded and sorted out.

Mostly I've missed blogging because it helps me to reflect and process. There has been much too little reflection over the past couple weeks and I'm disappointed to say that my time in the Word has been much less then I desire. However, it should be no surprise that God is good and faithful! Each time I've opened the Bible, the words that I need to hear are on the page in front of me. How refreshing is that? Today, my devotional book led me to my theme verse of the year. Isaiah 30:15 "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength." My strength comes from spending quiet time alone with Him and trusting in his sufficiency!

Love this quote: "Your weakness is not a deterrent to being filled with My spirit; on the contrary, it provides an opportunity for My power to shine forth more brightly. Don't waste energy wondering if you are adequate for today's journey. My spirit within you is the basis for your confidence." Sarah Young

2 Corinthians 4:7 "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."

No comments:

Post a Comment