"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Another Road Trip

We hit the road early Saturday morning for our last trip to my childhood home in New Jersey. Luke and Ethan came with me and Aaron stayed behind with Darin for a little divide and conquer. 
 I had some happy passengers. Luke followed our route 
most of the way with our car atlas. This was a pleasant surprise. 
This cute boy was SO excited and chattered non-stop for the first hour or more. 
He was left behind the last time and was so glad to be along for the ride. 

My parents have officially moved to Virginia, but negotiations are still in the works on their New Jersey home. It's been a blessing to have this extra time to gather their belongings of 40+ years. 
My mom found a box full of old trophies that belonged to my brothers and the boys were delighted. 

They spent a lot of time in their "fort" in the forsythia bush with the trophies. 

On Monday morning, I scurried through the house taking photos and saying goodbye to the home 
I lived in from birth until college. It was built in 1820 and has lots of character. 
My parents have done a LOT to update it over the years. 
Had to get a photo of my childhood bedroom, although it used to be pepto bismol pink when I was a kid! (Maybe that's why I don't like pink?) It didn't have the closet or built in bookcases when I was growing up. My parents added that within the last couple years. 

While the bedrooms are pretty small, the downstairs has some really cool 
features that I was able to really appreciate with the rooms empty. 
 The dining room.  I love that floor! There is actually a fireplace not shown in this picture. 
 living room - My parents added this room and the basement below it in the 80's. 
The family room. (My grandpa built the bookcases, right Jeffrey?)

It was a crazy busy weekend of packing and cleaning, but I'm glad I got to visit one last time! 
(And boy was I glad to sleep in my bed Monday night after sleeping on an 
air mattress on the floor for two nights!)

No comments:

Post a Comment