However, today I'm choosing to recall those little things that make my heart happy.
Here we go:
1) Driving in the van and hearing three little voices singing boldly and sweetly to whatever music is being played.
2) Watching my eldest son focus and concentrate on a 300 piece jigsaw puzzle for a long stretch of time... until he satisfactorily puts in the last piece.
3) Observing the three boys engaged in pretend play with their Legos without conflict. I love their imaginations... especially when they are gracious and respectful of each other's different ideas. (I need to remember that this is possible!)
4) Seeing my VERY active middle son sit still and color beautiful pictures of horses with a very serious look on his face.
5) Hearing my youngest son's deep belly laugh. SO contagious!
6) Getting hugs from all of them.
7) Every time they cheerfully do their family service without a single grumble.
8) Quote from middle son: "Mommy, I still love you when you sin." phew!
9) Listening to their honest prayers.
10) Finding my eldest son tucked away in his tent reading for pleasure.
God is good. All the time.