"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Thursday, August 25, 2011

School Room

I cannot even begin to tell you the extreme excitement and gratitude I experienced when I first saw pictures of what would someday be our school room. We sold our house a year ago last March and were searching for a new house that would accommodate our family and provide a good space for school. In the last month before we needed to be out of our old house we were busy looking for rental properties. We had some very specific criteria that we were looking for and had not found anything to fit the bill. We had settled on the fact that we would likely live somewhere temporarily until the right house came on the market. But God had a plan and He blessed us greatly! Early May a house popped on the market only 2 miles from our old house and I believe that God orchestrated all the details that put us in that house one month later.

So, I share these photos of our schoolroom from a place of gratitude and thanksgiving. I am daily thankful for this space and how God knows me and knows how much I would truly enjoy it. It's these little blessings and provisions that I need to remember all the time!
View from the corner of the room. L to R: listening center on cushions, 
A's workboxes and desk, calendar station, L's desk and workboxes in the far right. 
A close up of our calendar station. I got most of this from Homeschool Creations and some from Confessions of a Homeschooler. (Two homeschool blogs I follow.)
L's desk and workboxes. Don't worry. We have some projects in the first week 
that will be hung above his desk and make the space look more inviting!
From L to R: School job chart and schedule with reading corner and book basket below, E's desk and workboxes. Near the ceiling is the time line we created last year in our My Father's World 1st grade curriculum. We'll be adding to it this year with our Adventure's in My Father's World 2nd grade curriculum. The really cool thing about this wall is that it is magnetic (done by the previous owners). 
I keep magnetic clips on the wall and display the boys artwork. 
A close up of our reading corner. 
And lastly, the floor to ceiling bookshelves that you see when you walk in the door. 
We've lived in this house for a year and I'm still so thankful for this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment