"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sacrifice and Blessings

I am struck today by the sacrifice that is made by families who choose to adopt or participate in foster care. However, I am also really encouraged by the stories of the amazing blessings that come with that sacrifice. Today was our Orphan Sunday event at church and I'm so glad I participated in it!

I have no idea what God has in store for us, but I do know that there are many other ways I can also be involved. Here are some ways I'm challenged to be involved:
1) PRAY! Pray for orphans worldwide. Pray for children growing up in foster care. Pray for families who have adopted. Pray for the church to grasp God's heart for the orphan.
2) Give sacrificially to reputable orphanages. Sponsor a child in an orphanage.
3) Support those who have adopted or who are fostering by providing a meal, helping with housework, offering encouragement and prayers.
4) Go on a mission trip to an orphanage.

I am so thankful for all the hard work done by the folks in our Missional Community Group 
to make it happen and very honored to be a part of the event.

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land." Psalm 68:5-6

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

The boys were excited to represent WEPC Orphan Care Ministry with their shirts. 
It says "Love on a Mission" on the cross and on the back is the verse Psalm 82:3

No comments:

Post a Comment