"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Soak it in...

In the midst of some really wonderful happenings, there has also been some yucky stuff going on that I can't share on this blog. (Which is partly why I haven't blogged since Sunday.) But again and again, God is  faithful to encourage me and remind me that He is patient with me even when I don't follow Him closely and I stubbornly try to do things my own way. Here are some quotes and scripture that He has used to convict and encourage me. I need to meditate on these truths. 

To quote the lecture at Community Bible Study today... some heavenly math:
God's faithfulness > my failures  
"God's faithfulness is greater then all of my failures." Praise the Lord! 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

"We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, 
but because of your great mercy." Daniel 9:18b

"Remember to thank Him when you know everything is going to be all right. And remember to thank Him for His love and care when things aren't going as well as you'd hoped. Thank Him for His blessings, thank Him for His promises, and thank Him for His abundance. When we choose to focus on the Lord and His greatness, we draw closer to Him and are filled with His peace." CBS take home children's program paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment