"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Monday, September 12, 2011

Myth

I'm feeling borderline obsessed with this blog, but I must share this tonight because tomorrow will be a busy day.

God is SO quick to answer my prayers and I'm so grateful. Maybe even a little bit stunned. I feel as though He has reached down and hugged me. I attended a homeschool meeting tonight. One that I've been inconsistent in attending, but for whatever reason I was determined to attend it tonight and had made arrangements last week to make it happen. The speaker was Yvonne Bunn. It was as if she had been eavesdropping on my thoughts today.

Just wanted to share a few snippets of what I took away from the meeting tonight and also share a scripture passage God led me to this afternoon that hugely encouraged my heart.

* Homeschools Greatest Myth - Everyone else is doing well EXCEPT me!
* Reality - We all have struggles.
* Our biggest mistake is comparison with other homeschoolers. We need to accept God's grace. We need to accept the way He made us and how He put our family together.
* The enemy WANTS us to be discouraged. This is a battle. The enemy wants us to wallow in guilt.
* I need to be content with who God made me and the strengths and weaknesses that go along with that.
* I need to be content with the children God has given me and all their quirks. They are a blessing from God.
* I need to value and cherish every day with my children. No one will love them as much as their dad and I do.

I pray that God will give me the strength to do just that! 
May I believe these truths and receive strength from Him tomorrow. 

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? 
The Lord is the everlasting God, 
the creator of the ends of the earth. 
He will not grow tired or weary, 
and his understanding no one can fathom. 
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 
...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not be faint. " 
Isaiah 40: 28, 29, 31

No comments:

Post a Comment