"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Monday, October 3, 2011

25 days complete

Last week we finished our 5th week of school and are moving on to week 6 today. We still have many challenges, but God is good to provide encouragement. I've been challenged this week to ask for prayer and talk with other more experienced homeschoolers about some of our struggles this year. (Especially other moms with 3 boys!) You'd think it would be natural for me to deal with all this boy energy since I grew up with two brothers.  Somehow I don't remember my brothers having nearly this much energy. Either I blocked it out, or maybe since they had me in the middle I calmed them down? :) It hasn't helped that we've had 9 inches of rain this September, as compared to our average of 4 inches. It has been a gloomy and wet month and the boys are literally climbing the walls.  I'm ready for lots of sunshine in October!!

Sorting upper and lowercase L's

Learning the words and tune to "America." 

Bead sequencing

Another favorite toy! I highly recommend Wedgits. 

contortions... just because we can!

No day is complete without being upside down for a little.

Our leaf scavenger hunt for letter L week. 

Recess at Echo Lake Park (with all the mosquitos!)

Listening to "Caps for Sale" on CD. Really fun book even though they look so serious. 

Painting while listening to Vivaldi's Four Seasons: Spring

We planted corn this week as we talked about the Indians and Pilgrims.
We learned that the Indians used to plant fish along with the corn
seeds in order to provide fertilization that was  not found in the dirt. 

Working on his journal and adding artwork to his writing. 

Sorting the beads by color. As soon as he finished, without warning the beads
starting flying around the room in rapid succession accompanied by lots of giggles. Oh my!

Enjoying money flash cards while relaxing.

Concentration game with upper and lowercase letter flash cards.

Gluing green leaves onto a lowercase L. I had my back turned when he got
started on this task. He began the activity by spreading the glue thickly all
over his desk before I realized what he was doing. Then he got to wash it
and dry it off.  Oh the joys of a three year old in the school room. sheesh!

Trying to entertain/distract his brothers.

A favorite time of day... reading from American Pioneers and Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment