"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Be Still

I found the great encouragement quoted below on this blog. I seem to be stuck in this place of neediness for Jesus and just when I'm about to spiral into despair (because of the circumstances of my day), He provides me with encouragement in some way or another. This is no accident. He cares for me! Praying that I will have great hope because of my Savior's love for me, in spite of me! Praying that I would be still and quiet and listen to Him.



And so, my comfort is not in who I am, or how well I am doing, or in what I accomplish. My strength is in the one who is strong. My miracles are dependent on the God who threw the stars and galaxies into place.
Whatever task is ahead of me, if He is the wisdom for that task, or the strength to complete it or the understanding to show the way, then I know I will find the miracle I need.
Always, this has been my success–He is adequate, I am dependent on Him. I am weak but He is strong.
He, the heavenly Father who created, provided, instructed, saved, redeemed and forgave, and is preparing a place in heaven for me–He is the one who is committed to my well being, He who began a good work will complete it.
And so in my smallness, I find rest, quiet, comfort. It is not my striving that will accomplish His will, but it is in trusting in His provision.
He whispers to me, “Be still and know that I am God.”
I am quiet. I listen. I look at what He has made  in all the small corners of my world, and through these glorious works, I am aware of His glory and comforted by His adequacy and strength and I know that all will be well, because He is with me, and He is big enough. 
-- Sally Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment