"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
Psalm 23:1-4, 6
God is good to remind me that He is my shepherd. He leads me and guides me. He is with me in green pastures and in valleys. There is a future certainty that "I shall not be in want." As I look back in my "rear view mirror" at how the good Shepherd has led me I will see that He is faithful. He's been faithful before and He will be faithful again. I have MUCH for which to be thankful.
Here are my thankful reflections from the past several weeks of home schooling.
* I'm so thankful that I have been able to watch Ethan transform into a reader over the last few weeks. He's been reading individual words since last year but it wasn't until this week that he really took off reading full sentences and simple books. It warms my heart to watch this and see the delight in his eyes.
* I'm so grateful for all I am learning in our study of United States history. My knowledge is so poor but with our great curriculum it has been so much fun to learn alongside the boys. I definitely wouldn't be learning as much if the boys were not schooled at home.
* I'm thankful for some glimpses of progress, success and joy as we work hard on speed drills and memorizing addition/subtraction facts with Luke.
* I'm thankful for the safety of the boys... even with all their crazy stunts! :)
* I'm thankful that Aaron mostly goes with the flow during our school day... some days better then others.
* I'm thankful for Darin's willingness to participate. We've had to employ some creative negative consequences for inappropriate behavior during school. It has been effective to relocate one school aged boy to Darin's office to work quietly there instead of playing at home with his brothers. We couldn't home school without Daddy's support! So thankful!
The theme for Ethan's curriculum this coming week is just what I need to hear!
Letter T is for turtle. Words to remember: I don't quit; I persevere.
" ...But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:13-14
" ...let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9
Just for fun... my three sweet boys exactly 3 years ago! October 28, 2008