"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Sunday, October 9, 2011

School Week 6

School marches on... we're still working hard here learning and trying to develop a love of learning. I've spent less time behind the camera this week so I have less photos to share, but a few that capture our week.  The Lord has been good to help me realize some changes I need to make in order to best accommodate the three different learning styles of my three different boys. What works for one, does not always work for the others. And, what works for me, does not always work for them! I'm so thankful that I'm not alone in this and that I can boldly say that it is God who gives me the strength each day to march forward. Enjoy!

Yeast Experiment: The boys were thrilled when the yeast, water
and sugar created the gas to cause the balloon to fill up. 

We went to homeschool day at the bowling alley on Monday after school.
I quickly realized that my very active climbers could not handle the bowling
alley guidelines on this particular day and we went home. Selfishly, I wish
we could have stayed because this Momma LOVES to bowl!
Oh well... maybe next time.

This photo captures the temperature in the school room on Tuesday. It was CHILLY! We are holding out
on turning on our heat and after a couple chilly nights we needed to wear fleece jackets to stay cozy.

This little charmer has been a bit difficult lately. I was so glad when
he followed instructions and kept busy building with the magneatos. Phew! 

Sticking golf tees into styrofoam and balancing marbles on top.
Domino math!

We have an awesome stack of early readers courtesy of some dear friends.
Aaron thought it would be great to scatter them all over the floor to do some reading. Why not? :)

For our My Father's World Kindergarten Curriculum letter Aa theme we learned about
apples. We've been memorizing the sentence: If I remain in Jesus I will bear much fruit.
Here we are doing an apple taste test. 

Working on our "Thankful Journal" decoupage craft. The boys cut out pictures
of things they are thankful for and we attached them to a composition notebook.
Hope to post more about this soon. It has been so much fun!

U-turn Homeschool PE - We've really enjoyed this activity this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment