"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gala

You're going to have to use your imagination. Imagine Darin in this nice charcoal suit, white shirt and red tie. Imagine me wearing this lovely black and white dress. This is what we looked like on Saturday evening. Our photos from the night didn't turn out and I haven't convinced Darin to get dressed up again and take more pictures... yet. **wink** So I'm glad you have a good imagination. :) 


On Saturday evening, Darin and I had the privilege of attending the Family Foundation's Annual Gala at the Richmond Convention Center. It was such a treat! I loved dressing up (something I rarely do). I loved seeing Darin dressed up (something he rarely does). I loved leaving the boys in the hands of our very competent sitter. I loved that the boys were so excited for Allison to come. I loved going on a date with my husband of 13 years (something we don't do nearly as often as we both would like). 

I think it was the first time that I was at a non-church event where Jesus' name was proclaimed. It sort of felt shocking... like, "Are they allowed to say that out loud and in public?" It was so refreshing! We've known about the Family Foundation for a while now and are very supportive. Or at least my husband is and I jump on the bandwagon. The main guest speaker was Herman Cain.  It had been a busy and tiring day and I was afraid that my short attention span and fatigue would leave me asleep in my dinner plate. Totally not the case! His talk was exciting, inspiring and had many on their feet. You could literally feel the energy in the room. 

All in all a fabulous date! Yeah! So thankful for many blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment