"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nests

I am loving the themes for Ethan's My Father's World Kindergarten curriculum. Last week for the letter Nn, the topic was nests and the words to remember were: "God takes good care of me."  
We made the connection between birds taking care of their baby birds and God taking care of us and keeping us safe. (I experienced this morning how God keeps me safe!) 

"Those who go to God Most High for safety will be protected by the Almighty. 
I will say to the LORD, 'You are my place of safety and protection. 
You are my God and I trust you.' 
God will save you from hidden traps and from deadly diseases. 
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you can hide." 
Psalm 91:1-4a

"...Hide me under the shadow of your wings. 
Keep me from the wicked who attack me, from my enemies who surround me." 
Psalm 17:8-9

"But the Lord is faithful and will give you strength and will protect you from the Evil One." 
2 Thessalonians 3:3

So in keeping with the nest theme, we worked to make some nests. 
We started with LOTS of glue, yarn and blown up balloons. 
This was a messy activity and Aaron did not want to participate.  :) 
He was happy just tossing around a balloon.

Ethan started from the bottom and worked his way up. 

Luke started at the top and worked his way down. 


Once the balloon was covered as much as they wanted, it was time to wait. 

We waited for three days for the nests to dry. 

Here they are dry and ready to have the balloon popped. Obviously, they were having some fun!
I love the uniqueness of their nests. 

Now we just need to find some eggs to fill our nests. 

Or maybe we'll just use them for hats? :)

We watched some amazing videos of birds actually making nests. Really cool to see them actually weaving their nests together with their beaks. How great is our God! His creativity is awe-inspiring.

1 comment: