"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace
that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stunt Woman

One of the disadvantages of running in the early morning in the dark is that I occasionally crash into things. A couple weeks ago, a car blinded me with its headlights and I crashed into a mailbox. When I told the boys they thought this was hilarious and I was able to laugh it off. This morning, I had the opportunity to pretend I was a stunt woman. While trying to avoid a torn up sidewalk (there were large cones signaling this), I crossed a patch of grass. Unfortunately, my foot caught onto a large metal bar (or at least I think that is what it was in the pitch dark) and I did a forward roll into the street scraping my hands and knees and banging the side of my head on the curb. My instincts had me springing up and getting back over to the safety of a sidewalk. 
Three things went through my banged up head...

1) Ouch! This is what it feels like when the boys get skinned knees. 
I feel much more sympathetic to their scrapes now.
2) Praise the Lord there were no cars coming at that exact moment 
or I would have been a pancake!
3) I'm so thankful I was with a friend and not out here alone. 

This grateful stunt woman needs some ice and ibuprofen to make it through the day, 
and maybe a flashlight for running tomorrow? Praise the Lord for keeping me safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment